Committee Meeting Minutes – 2 / 2 / 2016

the landscape institute

 

 

Landscape Institute East of England Branch

 

Committee Meeting Minutes

7.00pm, Tuesday 2nd February, venue The Sailsbury Arm, Cambridge

 

1 Apologies: Catherine Bailey, Jonathan Dix, Rachel Bodiam, Alexandros Karapatis  
Minutes of meeting 27st October 2015 were agreed as an accurate record of the meeting  
3 Matters arising :

  • Open some of the Committee meetings to all branch members for suggestions/support/help – MS advertise on website/enews
 

DP

 

MS

Events:

  • LVIA/renewable energy: event for June/July –  visit to a case study, anaerobic digestion, biomas energy centre in green belt ( Royston)
  • Landscape Character (23rd march 2016) –  in progress: last tweak to be made to the programme, organized by LI- MS to ask more info to advertise
  • Re-thinking urban landscape exhibition ( 7th to 18th march) – sponsored by Concertus, helping with PR and evening reception on the 15th –Noel Farell special guest – pop up exhibition on the reception evening of the local practice projects, each practice to bring ½ boards previous confirmation – MS send LA LIEE logo. Committee to meet Noel at 5.30
  • Suffolk landscape and ecological guidance for development: Feb 22nd – MS and SP to advertise on media, MS ask RB to set up Eventbrite ( £5 each)
  • AGM in April/May: CDM with Colin Moore on this same date??
  • Herbaceous plant in the landscape: September event, venue tbc hopefully Cambridge Botanics. Kingsbury confirmed availability, in progress
  • Next e-news: Re-thinking urban landscape, LCA event and Suffolk landscape guidance

 

Writtle:

  • Awards ceremony to take place in September.  Certificates and cheques to be organised. CG to liaise with DP / RB and confirm attendance.  Note person to contact is Martine Howlett (Administrator, Writtle College)

 

 

Cranfield:

  • Seminar at Cranfield: JB presented general event organization and themes, to be now discussed with Cranfield and speakers ; confirm university involvement; re-organized the day schedule to have longer breaks and the workshop subdivision, maybe more tutors needed to create smaller groups

 

 

CB

 

 

CB

 

 

LA/CB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LA/MS

 

RB

 

DP

 

 

MS

 

 

 

DP/RB

 

 

 

 

 

 

JB

Correspondence :

  • LI prompt to update the website/event .
  • Complaint about the lack of recent events and updated website information

 

 

DP

MS

6 Finance – Treasurers report – Rachel to step down as Treasurer at AGM

 

RB
7 Branch reps report

  • See attachment
 

CB

8 AONB

  • Twitter: till waiting for CG to send account details, SP try to re-set it
  • Banners: Emma Wood confirmed the process is ongoing, will report to CB at the next LI meeting
  • Possible future events:

Pub lunch/walk

Cambridge Brewery social event January 2017

 

 

SP

 

MS

 

 

JD

SP

9 Date/Location for next meetings:

5 April – Bury St Edmunds ( open)

7 June – Cambridge

2 August – Bury St Edmunds

4 October – Cambridge ( Open)

6 December – Bury St Edmunds

MS

 

Comments are closed.