Committee Meeting Minutes – 27 / 10 / 2015

 

Committee Meeting Minutes

7.00pm, Tuesday 27th October, venue The Fox Inn, Bury St’Edmunds

 

1 Apologies: Sarah Potter, Alexandra Stevenson, Rachel Bodiam, Javier Almenar
Minutes of meeting 2st September 2015
3 Matters arising/action from previous meetings

  • Herbaceous plants in the Landscape ( Summer 2016) Noel Kingsbury confirmed as available at the end of March, but too early for plating to be at its best. DP get contact details from CG
  • Twitter : can Sarah take over the account after CG?
  • Banners: ask CG what is the current situation
  • Complete update of the new website
  • Rethinking Urban Landscape: Liz to find out about hiring boards, 4-18 0r 7-28 of march; 1st evening presentation reception for the exhibition; organize small talks/stands up ( Noel Farrer maybe) for the presentation evening; CB to find out if Li is organizing a talk or else to go with the exhibition ( maybe event in schools);

 

 DP 

 

 

SP ??

MS

MS

CB/LA

Events – leaders to report on progress

  • Autumn LVIA/renewable energy: possible spring event  ( after end of march), visit to a case study, anaerobic digestion, biomas energy centre in green belt ( Royston)
  • CDM event with Colin Moore: early December (??), Apex building 3.5h+coffee break
  • Landscape Character (potential Spring 2016): CB to chase, maybe as summer event, check LI involvement
  • Case studies for the Website, DP to chase LI for existing case studies for the East of England that they would already have i.e Cromer, Accordia). Selection criteria is the location of the project, East of England, not where the Landscape practice that did it is based.
  • Walk / pub quiz in January

 

Other possible future events:

  • Summer Visit to Shuttleworth (Swiss Garden) and Jordans Mill / Garden Bedfordshire: SP to report progress/news

Writtle:

  • CG to circulate award details for Writtle prizes.
  • Awards ceremony to take place in September.  Certificates and cheques to be organised. CG to liaise with DP / RB and confirm attendance.  Note person to contact is Martine Howlett (Administrator, Writtle College)

 

 

Cranfield:

  • CB discussed Cranfield Award.  Criteria to be based on LI’s Elements / Areas of Practice.  Tutors to then promote. – same criteria for Writtle
  • Seminar at Cranfield: check progress with Javier, possible event for next year, cfirm university nvolvement
  • Presentation in September: JB to report

 

CB/JA 

 

RB

 

CB

 

DP

 

 

 

 

MS

 

 

SP

 

 

 

CG / DP /

RB

 

 

 

 

 

 

CB

 

JB

 

JB

Correspondence :New webmail, MS circulate detailsEmail address:

mail.eastofengland@landscapeinstitute.org

Password: Mofa0301

 

 

 

MS
6 Finance – Treasurers reportBranch mandate form still to be completedSecond round of Branch funding – application to be made by 11th September.

 

RB
7 Branch reps report

  • LI Council Digest
CB
8 AONB 
9 Date/Location for next meetingsTBC  MS

Comments are closed.